Looking for a depression test?
Maybe you're not sure. The Depression Test - Self Tests by Psychology Today is really long.
You can check out this list.
From webmd & hpb*
Symptoms of depression may include the following:
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Irritability, restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
Don't worry if you're unsure. If you're a student, speak to a teacher/trusted adult/parent/school counsellor. You can even see a psychologist or a psychiatrist just to be sure.
You'll see a doctor if you are coughing/having a fever/runny nose right?
Getting professional help for (suspected) depression is nothing to be ashamed of.